Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010: New Year, New Plans to cross the Atlantic

Happy New Year and what a full year it will be!  Plans have slightly changed to stay in NY a bit longer than expected as we are welcoming a new addition to our family.  Jamaica produced the beginning of a whole new life and outlook for us! Belgrade is still in sight for the beginning of 2011 and I am just growing more excited by each passing day.  We have much to look forward to as far as securing our apartment, shipping furniture, a car and and other necessities, and I think I'll be counting down the days through this grueling Northeast winter.

New York has successfully impressed me again with its bold Holiday decor, beautiful snow-capped mornings and a flurry of tourist hustle and bustle throughout downtown and Time Square.  A chilling 20 degrees just adds to my craving for being home, wrapped up in a duvet, absorbed in Humphrey Bogart classics and safe from the grit and grime of this sweet-burdening city.

I look beyond the mundane work schedule, the daily fight to walk, shop, bargain, communicate, pay, greet, meet, HOME.  Everything seems tedious now, as if I'm carrying a barbell on my shoulders wherever I go.  I must be in a nesting phase now, wanting to tend to home and finding the joy in the simplicity of quiet indoor activities.

I think I'll get lost today in my thoughts of how I will make my home comfortable in Belgrade....first of all I will need to choose rich, earth tone paint colors for the living room and bedroom.... maybe brick red for the kitchen...I could paint a mural for the dining room......

2 comments:

  1. red walls + kitchen (cooking) = bad idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. I have to learn to cook some Sebrian dishes. Stuffed peppers and borek.

    ReplyDelete