Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanks France

Did you know:

The Statue of Liberty was delivered to NY in 214 packing crates from France?! I guess Ferdinand Lesseps really wanted us to roll up our sleeves and work hard for the glory of this gift!  But to pay respect, I never knew the inscription on the Statue reads:

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free"  (sigh....)

On my to do list before leaving NY:

 1)  Visit top of Statue of Liberty (and if too crowded, take ferry around Liberty Island.  Ok maybe ride that Shark boat around the island cruising like a stealth bomber up and down the Hudson, feel the sprinkle of dirty Hudson on my cheeks, fly by Ms. Lady Liberty herself to peer into her naked eyes and take on her massive, stone-graved stance.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment